Who Am I?

My photo
I am a wife, a mother, a law student. . . . Above all, I am human.

19 June 2010

Coffee

Background: I am a coffee addict - period. However, I require some sort of creamy concoction mixed in in order to imbibe my caffeinated vice.

I awoke early this morning, having slept for six hours straight. (That's the first time in a year; my son is a year old). Feeling groggy, but rested, I proceeded to accomplish menial tasks about the house - an early jump on the day. Coffee was absolutely needed, so I boiled water, ground beans, set up the press, etc. The morning sun filled me with joy as I poured myself a piping-hot cup of java. I opened the refrigerator to get the milk. The milk? Where is the milk!? 86ed. MIA. Gone.

Sigh. Nothing can crush my spirits quite like the stony realization that I cannot drink a proper cup of coffee. The teen must have guzzled the last of the milk the night before. Summer break=eating/drinking us out of house and home.

My husband heard my cry of desperation. While I was poised with a scoop of Ben & Jerry's New York Fudge, ready to convince myself that it would taste like mocha, he intervened. Bless him. Tim left to get milk. That is why I love him.

Tim has a habit of forgetting things. Yesterday, he left the headlights on in the car - again. If I had a nickel. . . . Anyway, he forgot to jump it. No car=no milk. But, being the all star that he is, he rode the teens bicycle to the gas station. For joy! However, my excitement was soon squashed. He informed me that the store he chose did not have milk. Nooooooooo! Wait. He had hatched a plan. They did have Starbuck's Vanilla Frappucinos. His theory was that those are like milk. Just stir that in. Not like milk. Not.

They cost $1.79 each and he bought two. For that, I gasped, you could have just purchased two cups of gas station swill (coffee). Disappointed, I proceeded to mix in the Frap. Not like milk. Not.

However, I am now realizing - how would he have carried two cups of coffee whilst riding a bike?




No comments: